Assistant Restaurants ManagerFull Time
Assistant Restaurants Manager
The Assistant Restaurants Manager will ensure the smooth running of all Restaurants, Conference Rooms and Event Halls, in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will deliver the highest possible standards of service through the effective development, management and leadership of the department’s human resources, equipment and provisions. The Restaurants Manager will also be pro-active in maintaining and/or improving the department’s profitability in accordance with Hotel policies, procedures and standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To monitor all Restaurants activities by actively participating in the service and be vigilantly attentive to service details, buffet standards and all produce quality.
· To co-ordinate effectively with the related/dependent departments through regular contact, before, during and after service/shift about speed of service, item availability and popularity, inter-relations.
· To inspect all Restaurants, Conference Rooms and Event Halls daily (front and back) to ensure cleanliness, physical condition and functioning equipment.
· To ensure the daily supervision of all subordinates ensuring that their actions, duties and opening and closing duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
· To understand and ensure his subordinates understand the ingredients, origins, combinations, methods of preparation, presentation and service of all food products, drinks, wines, cocktails and cigars served.
· To ensure and monitor staffing levels and rotas are in line with revenue according to business levels, staff needs, new starters/leavers, labour standards and appropriately control labour costs.
· To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
1. Graduate of a tertiary school of Hotel Management or Hotel and Catering School.
2. Two years experience in 4* or 5* Hotel.
3. Must speak and write English very well. Knowledge of another language will be considered an advantage.
4. Computer literate and familiar with Word and Excel.
5. Organisational, Managerial and Leadership skills.
6. Analytical skills, responsible and able to present results.
7. Able to evaluate people and plan incentives.
8. Very good Communication skills.
9. Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, reliable and polite.