Pastry CookFull Time
The Pastry Cooks will be responsible to produce and present pastries and bakeries of high quality.
- Prepares special pastries and bakeries or substitute items.
- Regulate temperature of ovens and other equipment.
- Pull pastries and bakeries from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
- Maintain pastries and bakeries logs.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess pastries and bakeries items for use in daily specials.
- Inform F&B service staff of special items and available menu specials.
- Ensure the quality of the pastries and bakeries items.
- Prepare and cook pastries and bakeries according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Chopping, and storing pastries and bakeries.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Operate ovens, stoves and microwaves.
- Test pastries and bakeries to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Set-up and break down workstation.
- Serve pastries and bakeries in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and pastries and bakeries.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Diploma in Culinary arts
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar capacity/ faction position in a 4- or 5-star hotel or in a well-established restaurant
- Excellent Knowledge of the English Language
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handler certification.