Duties & Responsibilities
1. To arrive at work on time in the uniform provided, ensuring a neat and tidy appearance, according to the Odysseia Hotel Kapetanios policies and procedures
2. Confirms, that the reception operates, within the predetermined objectives procedures & policies of the hotel ensuring high service levels.
3. To have a complete knowledge of all room types, rates.
4. To be knowledgeable on all facilities and operating times provided within the Hotel.
5. Greeting and welcoming all guests in a polite and friendly manner ensuring for the speedy processing and registration in a warm, friendly courteous and polite manner.
6. Strive for friendly & efficient check INS and check OUTS.
7. To anticipate guest needs and handle guest enquiries in a helpful and attentive manner.
8. Handle reservations, ensuring guest’s needs are met, in a helpful and efficient manner, and handled them to the reservations department for final handling and recording.
9. Ensure that all guests arriving with a confirmed reservation are registered and allocated the room for which they have made a reservation.
10. Monitor daily arrivals, assigning rooms, so that all requests are carried out, whenever possible and all realistic expectations are met.
11. Monitor hotel occupancy & availability. Advising hotel management of any fluctuations on occupancy expectations.
12. To ensure that the reception cash float in safely kept and no cash discrepancies occur.
13. To receive end of shift handovers (cash and other) from the various department of the hotel.
14. To print all necessary to its duties reports so as to be aware of any alteration in terms of arrival/departures, guest requests, room status, maintenance and other activities relevant to his duties and hotel activities.
15. To provide assistance in car rentals, excursions quest requests.
16. To advise the housekeeping of any room changes and any early or late departures
17. To answer all incoming telephone calls and to be aware of the operation and function of the telephone consul.
18. To ensure that the log book is kept up to date and that all relevant and mention worthy incidents are recorded in the log book.
19. To ensure that wakeup call requests are properly records and executed.
20. Contribute towards the development of a close and harmonious working relationship with housekeeping and all of the Hotels departments.
21. Posting of any charges to guest folios, city ledger, or house accounts as per procedures and to ensure that there are not outstanding bills prior to the check out of any guest.
22. Converting of house guests (only) foreign currency to local currency.
23. Ensure the Credit Policy is adhered to at all times, any variance must be reported to management immediately.
24. Receive, handle and relaying of messages, mail, faxes in an efficient and timely manner
Have a complete knowledge of the Odysseia Hotel Kapetanios policy and procedures; and report any procedural problems or disfunctions to the Front Office Manager.
26. Ensure that information is transferred from shift to shift via log book; ensure smooth transition of shift to shift.
27. Report health/safety and security hazards to the F/O Manager or Manager on Duty.
28. Ensure that the Front Office area both front of house and back are fully restocked with all stationary requirements and clean of all rubbish etc…
29. Carry out Concierge duties
30. Attend training sessions, meetings as required.
31. Confer to all break times and smoking regulations.
32. Carry out requests as directed by Hotel Management
33. Co-ordinates and supervises the porters activities
34. Ensures that the lighting and music levels are maintained at comfortable for the guests levels.
35. Ensure that Occupational Health and Safety requirements are observed, maintained and enforced.
36. Any other duties assigned to you by the Hotel’s Management.
- Graduate of a Hotel & Catering School
- Working experience of at least 2 years at a similar position in Hotel
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications (Windows, Ms Office) THEOVA
- Pleasant Personality
- Excellent Knowledge of the Greek and English Language