RESERVATION OFFICERFull Time
The Reservations Officer will ensure the smooth running of the Reservations department and will be responsible for taking reservations, as well as for sales and room promotions. He/she will carry out his/her duties in the most efficient and effective manner, delivering the highest possible standards of service to Guests, VIPs and repeat Guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain the file of guest preferences in the Hotel (e.g. favorite room, product type, facilities, location, birthdays, special occasions, etc).
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in the execution of all required daily Reservations work as well as the steps of the customer journeys during operational hours.
- To handle all bookings that come to the office and promotes them accordingly. All relevant replies in accordance with the Hotel’s preset letters must be despatched immediately by fax or e-mail.
- To sense guest needs and quickly respond to maximum satisfaction. To check room allocations on the basis of tour operators’ contracts.
- To maintain excellent relations with Tour Operators that cooperate with the Hotel, and be in regular contact with them with the aim of increasing room sales.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Graduate of the lyceum.
- Graduate of a tertiary school of Hotel Management will be considered an advantage.
- At least one year’s previous experience in a similar position.
- Must speak and write English well. Knowledge of at least one foreign language other than English will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Organisational skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, reliable and polite.