BAR SUPERVISORFull Time
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To understand who are the customers, both external (Hotel guests) and internal (all Hotel employees), their expectations and needs, establish and maintain relationship/rapport through service and over the long term.
- To know, implement and participate in the Hotel’s vision and objectives as described in the written procedures of the Hotel.
- To seek and action customer feedback at every opportunity and learn from complaints.
- To ensure the actions, duties and opening and closing duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To perform the duties with maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner, following the department’s induction and training program and do not hesitate to ask questions regarding the execution of her/his duties.
- To ensure the daily supervision of all subordinates ensuring that their actions, duties and opening and closing duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in the execution of the service steps (following the sequence of service) during operational hours.
- To understand the ingredients, origins, combinations, methods of preparation, presentation and service of all food products, hot and cold drinks, wines, cocktails, other speciality drinks and cigars served.
- To ensure that drinks and cocktails are prepared according to original recipes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduate of a secondary school of Hotel Management or Hotel and Catering School specialising in bartending.
- Two years experience in similar post.
- Very pleasant and friendly personality.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English is essential. Other languages are considered an additional advantage.
- Good communication skills.