Head waiterFull Time
- Checks station set up by pre-opening team.
- Assigns duties of waiters.
- Performs a 10-minute briefing meeting with station team.
- Performs on the job training for station team.
- Meets and greets guests after they have been seated by the hostess.
- Escorts and seats guests when hostess needs help with this task.
- Interacts with guests and makes them feel welcome.
- Presents and explains beverage and wine menus.
- Takes beverage orders and follows up for second drinks.
- Takes food orders (where applicable).
- Checks and provides assistance to guests during their meal.
- Provides gudance and direction to waiters/waitresses.
Decides when employees stop resetting tables for the same meal based on the flow of service.
Provides personal assistance to guests classified as VIPs.
- Assists guests when they prepare to leave and says goodbye.
- Ensures maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Handles complaints/guest comments and ensures guest satisfaction by resolving issues and following up and whenever necessary involves Supervisors in the process.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinates a departmental Orientation/Induction program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training in successfully perform their job.
- Ensures that the team members have their coffee/lunch breaks during their shift by properly coordinating and replacing them.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.